Thursday, December 22, 2011

Deleting Rows from FA Journal Page

Working with new Dynamics NAV 2009 pages can be very frustrating, especially if you are used to using keyboard shortcuts in your work.

Other thing that, in my opinion, is nature of pages which is almost opposite of old classic NAV forms. This is what I've encountered during testing of NAV pages.
In classic NAV lists it was easy to mark rows (selecting rows (CTRL+a) and marking feature which is removed from Pages), but on pages it isn't so.
Despite easy of use and windows features, marking was more or less - the same. But I've encountered some strange issues with deleting marked rows in Fixed Asset Journals.

I've marked all of rows (with keyboard) and tried to delete them, but nothing happened.


In picture above you can see that when I selected all rows cursor came to last row and last column and positioned itself in field as if I'm going to enter data into it.

After some testing I still didn't found root of problem and fixed this issue.

I tried changing type of field and even set Edit parameter of last field to , but it didn't work.
Next I tried to mark them with mouse and then tried to delete rows and this time it worked.

4 comments:

  1. "I've marked all of rows (with keyboard)" How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dhan,

    you position cursor on first row hold down Shift and arrow button for down. If you thought about CTRL+A combination from classic client - unfortunently this doesn't work in RTC. I hope that they will correct this issue in next version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note that this is not the same as the Rec.MARK := TRUE and Rec.CLEARMARKS functionality in Classic NAV. You're talking about selecting records.

    Have you tried Ctrl+D to delete the selected rows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm talking about selecting records.
      I have tried with Ctrl+D and with right click and nothing did the job.

      And C/AL code is empty on those forms - they are standard.. :(

      Delete